Just Can't Seem To Make It?
Trying to get down the water and you just can't seem to get it done? You aren't alone. We all know how important it is to drink fresh clean water every day. Yet, knowing and doing are two different things. If you are like me, you may be struggling with it. It's time for you to take control and give yourself the water you deserve.
I am not partial to water. I never have been. You see, I was raised with flavored drinks as a kid and that reached into my adult years with soda. Probably one of the worst inventions that could have ever happened to the human population is soda. There is nothing beneficial in soda and in fact, over consumption of carbonated beverages can cause significant damages .
My Top 5 Tricks
Here are my top 5 hacks to drinking enough water
- Start each day with a fresh glass pitcher or jug of water. My goal is to get a half gallon so I have a glass jug that I fill every morning and I use this to drink from all day. 64 ounces is eight 8 ounce servings. This way I know what the goal is and I can see myself get closer as the water goes down.
- Break it up into servings. Easier to tackle a bit at a time rather than think of the whole half gallon. For example: First thing, before my fitness and before my coffee (yes I drink coffee), I down a full 8 ounce glass of water with fresh squeezed lemon. Double bonus since it is a metabolism booster. I will also sip on a serving of water while I drink my coffee. Then I pour a full glass before a meal and add another during a meal. (This takes care of all my servings and helps curb my appetite) Of course you can always drink more water.
- If you find it hard to drink plane water, then try making a really weak tea. When I say week, I mean unbelievably weak. To flavor a half gallon of water, I would use only three herbal tea bags. Use an herbal tea that you really enjoy and one that has a strong scent like peppermint or spice. This is my personal favorite Organic Herbal Tea: Good Earth Teas Organic Sweet and Spicy
- Make a Spa tea. Spa teas are lovely and refreshing. Some of the spas I have been to will even change the water depending on the time of day. Say you want a bright pick me up, how about sliced citrus water. Cooling and soothing, add some cucumber. Try spicing it up for extra kick. Some of my favorites are Mint, Tarragon, Basil, Rosemary, and yes Lavender.
- In a pinch or if I am on the go, I will squeeze a tiny shot of water enhancer. I've used Stur Drinks – Natural Water Enhancer and its pretty good in a pinch and it can travel with you. Hey, it's not perfect but I'm picking the better of two evils here! Better to get the water in!
Eventually you will become accustomed to just plain ‘ole water. I never thought I could handle it, but now I actually enjoy it now. Just straight up room temperature.
The More You Drink, The Easier It Gets
No matter what method you need to use to try and get the water down, eventually you will find you have acquired the taste for plain old fresh water. Either that or you just get to lazy to fuss with the extra flavoring work and you are hooked on plain fresh water with no tricks.
Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Très Spa: Subscribe Here!
If you like it, share it!
Have something to add? Comment below
We are not your doctor!
The Très Spa blog may contain articles on science, or medical topics; however, no warranty is made that any of the articles are accurate.There is absolutely no assurance that any statement contained or cited in an article touching on science or medical matters is true, correct, precise, or up-to-date. The overwhelming majority of such articles are written, in part or in whole, by nonprofessionals. Even if a statement made about science or medicine is accurate, it may not apply to you or your symptoms.
The information provided at Très Spa is, at best, of a general nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a medical professional (for instance, a qualified doctor/physician, nurse, pharmacist/chemist, and so on). None of the individual contributors, nor anyone else connected to Très Spa can take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information presented on this web site.
Nothing on Très Spa's site or included as part of any project or product of Très Spa, should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine.